View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 12:11 AM   #9
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Well, I confess, the first 10 chapters of Jane Eyre left me with a profound feeling of 'meh'. Just really slow. But now things are starting to pick up, and the sound of Nadia May is bringing the whole thing to life. I rather think I'm going to enjoy this before I'm done. But still early days, so more later.

(ETA: FWIW, I did try the Thandie Newton narration for several chapters, and it's OK, but it just isn't as compelling as Nadia/Donada/Wanda. But, in counterbalance to that, some portion may be that I've read and loved so many books that she's narrated that I'm automatically predisposed to like any book she's reading.)

Last edited by CRussel; 09-07-2017 at 12:14 AM.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote