View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 04:49 PM   #3
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
Good lord, Rochester is long winded. Jane tells us that it was his nature to be communicative. Reader, that's an understatement. Jane barely gets a word in edgewise. He tells her, "I will spare you the trouble of much talking: I will answer for you..."

Jane doesn't help. When he says, "Can you listen to me?", she replies, "Yes, sir; for hours if you will." No, Jane! Think of your reader!

Hours later, he says, "But before I go on, tell me what you mean by your 'Well, sir?' It is a small phrase very frequent with you; and which many a time has drawn me on and on through interminable talk." No kidding.

I had never read Jane Eyre. I enjoyed the plot twists and turns which called for the suspension of belief.
Spoiler:
No one at Thornfield Hall, except for Grace Poole, knew there was a mad woman in the tower. Yea, right. She was coincidentally saved by her cousins. Sure.
It was fun, and I'm happy to have finally read it.
Spoiler:
Didn't the madwoman die?
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote