View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 08:07 PM   #13
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by vugtitan View Post
i have an idea that somebody could market this as a do-it-yourself kit with 2 screws, and deluxe soft leather strap.

a small hole maker screwdriver or better still no holes drilled at all OR use the speaker grill holes!

screw the small screws into the speaker holes at the back of the kindle carefully and super glue the other end.

THERE IS PLENTY OF SPACE BEHIND THE SPEAKER HOLES.I CHECKED WITH A TORCH.

A Y shaped strap screwed at the top ends of the Y and glued at the bottom end of the Y.

this will prevent cramp and secure the safety of the kindle.
Attaching a hand strap with tiny screws into the speaker grille is a horrible idea and it won't be secure at all. The Kindle back plastic is soft and the screws will rip out the first time you use this hand strap. Pulling out the screws will mean the Kindle plastic will be damaged.

Your Kindle warranty will be void because of these changes. The sound quality of the speakers will be greatly affected by having a hand strap covering the speaker grilles.

If you really want a hand strap then find a case with one or modify a case to have one. I don't see anybody buying a kit which would require you to void the warranty, glue directly to the Kindle and screw directly into the back.

The Kindle isn't designed for one handed operation anyway. You might be able to get a position where you can click the prev/next buttons but you've got no way to use the keyboard or 5 way pad.

Last edited by Tiersten; 09-24-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote