View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 09:53 AM   #149
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisaf View Post
Thank you! After unzipping the file, am I also supposed to rename it somehow or can I flash the .img file? And when flashing it with ATK, are the steps the same as for kernel.bin and rootfs.bin? Sorry if these questions sound silly, but I don't know a damn thing about programming
Raw uncompressed images typically have file extensions of .img or .bin or .dmp (but are not limited to those extensions).

Compressed images typically end with .gz or .tar.gz or .zip or .7z or .bz2, but may use other compression methods in the future. Most images are compressed so that they will download faster and use less cloud storage space.

You MUST uncompress the compressed files before flashing them. Simply renaming them WILL NOT WORK.

You can flash any of the UNCOMPRESSED files. UPDATE: Some tools may require that you rename the raw uncompressed image files (see hawhill's post below).

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-12-2012 at 10:13 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote