View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 03:44 PM   #16
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS950, T1, T2, T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by church mouse View Post
For my part, though my cover is non-Kobo, it is not flimsy and the closed cover is also held in place with a strap...
...I have no idea why a unit which went to sleep and was left on a table should show such inconsistent battery drain, but I am happy with not using sleep-cover mode.
I have exactly the same problem with a Kobo sleep cover and firmware 4.15.12920. The battery will go flat with the reader left on a table for a couple of days if the cover sleep mode is checked. When I turned it off there was no appreciable battery drain in sleep mode.

But I've noted another problem. If I leave the Clara in sleep mode for a few days, it gets stuck on the last page read. I can wake it / put it to sleep with the power switch but the page won't turn, like it's not responding to the touch sensor. Takes a power on/off to fix that...guess I'll be going back to auto power off again.
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote