View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 03:20 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
I have just started work on Hoffmann's Strange Stories, having taken the text from the Internet Archive. The book was published by Burnham Brothers of Boston in 1855, but the translator is not named.

Would this book be accepted as being in the Public Domain, and eligible to be added to the MR library?
I think the minimum age of the translator we could take as 15. So in 1948 they would be 108.

I think we can assume the translator died in or before 1948, and so the work is in the public domain in life+70 countries.

I'll double-check with the other moderators.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote