View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 12:04 AM   #13
bttrflii
bttrflii has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bttrflii has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bttrflii has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bttrflii has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I had to be missing something, and I was critically off tangent when it comes to KUAL.

First, I did follow the install directions (several times, actually, over the course of my attempts) for MRPI from the link I gave in my prior post about "I did these steps". I believe where I got off tangent in this area is that KUAL *used* to open up a book-like interface that I could touch around in, and no amount of messing with MRPI files let me open the KUAL interface anymore. Since I couldn't open KUAL like I used to, I assumed I was 100% stuck.

That said, omg thank you so much, nemiere. Your direct focus on MRPI and using only ";log mrpi" got me focused on something other than my KUAL error and let me work around the hurdle I thought I was stuck on with KUAL no longer opening. I was able to get my screen savers working again and my Voyage is no longer a total piece of poop. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Secondly, in case it helps anyone else who comes to this thread, I finally, finally, finally found at least part of a solution my KUAL-doesn't-open problem. Even after upgrading KUAL itself, I still had to stumble across the never-mentioned and hidden-in-plain-sight booklet upgrade bin ninja-riding in the KUAL-v2.7.zip file. Put that little goober in your mrpackages folder, do a ";log mrpi" search, and you should have an open-able KUAL "book" again.

I'm still left with a "dev" KUAL app that doesn't open, but I can at least get into KUAL through the second file.

------

@knc1: There might be some confusion about the age of my Voyage since you mention "new models". I have one of the first 2014 Voyages ever shipped since I pre-ordered about six weeks in advance, so my kindle isn't really a spring chicken anymore. :p

@knc1, SnowLeopard, and nemiere:
Thank you guys so much. I mean it truly. Having book covers as screen savers is why I struggled through jailbreaking every kindle I've had and 99% of why I was so heartbroken at my kindle upgrading.

PS
Getting back to my thread title, however, if anyone does know if it's possible to downgrade a 5.9.2 firmware Voyage 1 to 5.6 again, I would still love to do so. This new UI is the suckage and I am repeatedly getting a bug where I can't move forward a page via any means at all without restarting my whole device first.
bttrflii is offline   Reply With Quote