View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 03:35 PM   #1
bttrflii
bttrflii has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bttrflii has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bttrflii has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bttrflii has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Downgrade 5.9.2 Voyage

I absolutely screwed up when I was seeing how the Lending Library worked and left wi-fi on for long enough for update 5.9.2.0.1 to download and force-install itself. No amount of powering off my kindle or plugging it into my computer stopped the update or let me delete the update file, and I tried nonstop for over a half hour before I admitted defeat. I am absolutely furious with myself and am desperately hoping that someone knows if I can unscrew my kindle.

I've searched online and in this forum and tried the various downgrade firmware posts, but my kindle will either delete the bin files without saying anything (as in the case of v5.5) or will tell me that I have an invalid update (as in the case of 5.6.5 or the hotfix bins).

I DID have both the jailbreak and KUAL installed prior to this upgrade, but I have read confusing information on if that will make a difference in my situation. I didn't know until today that there was a new update to the jailbreak, so no, I'm sure that update wasn't installed since my files are dated 2016. When I try to open KUAL now, I get an application error. "The selected application could not be started. Please try again."

Please, if anyone knows a way for me to get my custom screen savers back instead of these ugly typeset ones, I will be tremendously grateful.
bttrflii is offline   Reply With Quote