View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 05:34 PM   #45
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I'm happy for Kobo getting back in to the US market. It will be nice to handle Kobos in person, etc. But in the past Walmart sold Kindles and Nooks. Not sure what they think will be different this time around.
If I recall correctly Walmart stopped selling Kindles not because they didn't sell well but because people would buy the Kindle and then get the books from Amazon and since Walmart is one of the largest book sellers they were competing with themselves. At least that's what I remember from their announcement when they stopped selling Kindles.

This time around they seem to have arranged to get a piece of the book sales as well and that's probably what'd different this time.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote