Thread: Kobo Bug thread
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 08:17 PM   #1214
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinCEO View Post
They said "it's not important". But it is important, as everyone can see here and here.
And you also might want to go back and read what I said. I paraphrased what I was told. How about if I had said, "Not important enough to go to the extra work of doing this instead of doing something that would affect a whole lot more users of the devices". Still completely my words, but it is the overall gist.
Quote:
You are wrong:
So important that the only screenshots you can find about the issue are the ones you posted. So important that it is a topic that has rarely been discussed here. So important that no-one seems to have reported the error in the standard paths as a bug.
Quote:
The expected result of an epub reader is standard-rendering the standard-formatted epubs.

The epub-reader whose software doesn't render in a standard way a standard epub is buggy.
Your middle quote actually proves my point. There is no bad logic, the "problem" was removed in design. And you keep ignoring the fact that using a monospace font for this is not a "must". The text you have is rendered. It may be rendered suboptimally, but it is rendered. So, it doesn't fit either of the other two.

And, we obviously aren't going to agree on this, so lets stop.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote