Thread: Kobo Bug thread
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 07:28 PM   #1202
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
I read that far and suspected that line was all I needed to read of your response.

I was right. You keep interpreting “should” much more loosely than the RFC 2119 definition allows. In doing so, despite your protests to the contrary, your interpretation is closer to that document’s “may” than its “should.”
Out of a perhaps morbid curiosity, what is the relevance of RFC 2119 definitions for the use of words in IETF documents to this discussion? Last time I looked, none of the epub documents were published as RFCs or other IETF document. Though I did notice that on reading RFC 2119, it does not appear to confuse SHOULD with MUST or REQUIRED or SHALL.

Please leave that barrow of red herrings at the door.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote