View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 01:53 PM   #1
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
android problem - analyzing mobile data usage

I have a Jelly Bean 4.1.2 based phone, specifically an LG Intuition VS-950, which I am using with the Page Plus standard plan. As the data rate of $0.10/mb on that plan is ridiculous I have it toggled off and use a Karma Go for mobile data access at a much better data rate. Unfortunately I recently encountered a case where an app or two ran through a lot of my prepaid data. I know one of the culprits and have removed it, but I would like to confirm I have the situation addressed and perhaps seek reimbursement.

If I go into Settings->Mobile Data I see the data usage history. I would like to be able to break this down a bit further, as I only use the Karma Go data part of the time. I would like to be able to isolate the data usage only to the Karma Go for the period of interest. Much of the time my phone is connected either to the office WiFi or a public hotspot, so only the usage while connected to the Karma Go is of interest to me. I have the MAC address of the Karma Go and the two SSIDs used with it, so as long as one of those is part of the data usage history I should be able to isolate it.

Is there an app out there that can do this for me? If not, can I use adb to pull the data of interest over to my laptop for further analysis?

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote