View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 10:54 AM   #27
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's interesting - I didn't know that. Thanks for the information. I've certainly never been aware of mosquitoes in the UK.
I would imagine that back when England was starting to build the zoological gardens that some mosquitoes could have accidentally hitched a ride back to England back then. After all at one time Malaria was thought to be caused by bad air as the name of the disease implies (Mal = bad Aria = air so that Malaria means Bad air) so if some of their eggs were accidentally scooped up along with samples of plant life they would have been imported back to England even if they weren't native to the island.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote