View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 06:02 AM   #6
Corkobo
Zealot
Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Nook Touch
Kenny, I admire your courage. I also shudder to think of what huge decision you've made in quitting your job. So, while I admire your courage I also think you've been a bit mad (please don't take offence I don't mean it in the psychiatric way).
But I'm not you, I don't know your circumstances so I can't really judge (and I wouldn't want to judge even if I would know all about you).
There is also the fact that many worthy things have been achieved only after a moment of madness. In fact, a great deal of fiction has been and is written in support of this trope.
Still, when I read that you quit your job I got a sudden bat feeling in my stomach. I'm terrified of losing my job.

As for writing, I like to pretend (to myself and definitely to others) that I'm not really into writing at all and and I have no intention of writing, or not now anyway.

And yet, at least once a year, I get a new idea and an urge for "the novel" (nothing literary, I would like to write Fantasy or SF), I spend a week or so having it churn in my brain, then I spend 2-3 days writing notes and a lumpy outline. I then write a scene or two and then...
And then I stop, after reading the rubbish scenes and after reading the outline and realizing that I'm not a writer.
I'm also really good at finding excuses of why I can't write now and that after I deal with <insert current family/work problem here> I'll definitely start and finish my book.

And so this happened in 2012 too...
Corkobo is offline   Reply With Quote