View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 11:53 PM   #5
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I didn't really have serious goals for the year - the previous few years have not given me any reason to suspect goals are going to work for me. ... But, for all that, I'm not unhappy. Curiously, I was feeling a little unsatisfied unitl I read this thread title and decided to glance back through my writing diary and saw just what took place. (So thanks for that, Kenny, I'm a happier man now than I was before I looked at this thread. )

I finished the first and second drafts of the second book in my series (it was a bit more than half done this time last year). I got my first book through some more revisions and finally opted to try self-publishing AND got it out there (only just, but it's out). And the third book, after getting nowhere for months, is finally taking shape; I'm probably around 25-33% done in terms of the anticipated word-count, but the progress in my head is more significant (though I'm still not setting dates for expected completion, there are some big challenges yet to surmount).

I didn't get much shorter work done. I'm not really a short-work person anyway, but in the past few years, while working on the main series, I've written some short stories and essays - specifically for my own background and gratification. That hasn't happened much this year. Not sure why.

For the coming year? ... I started to write some hopes down, but then decided that I've got enough deadlines with the job that actually puts food on the table, so I'll avoid putting anything down here in case I jinx it.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote