View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 09:25 AM   #12
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by andiskater View Post
Wow, this seems really complicated... Honestly: Despite your nice tutorial, I won't even try it. Why? Even in your tutorial you experience several problems and I expect that there will be even more problems, because of different versions and my lack of Linux knowledge. I have already spend too many hours finding, compiling and installing various Linux applications, and most of the time I did not reach my goal...

It world be a really great help if someone could setup a complete development environment for the DR1000S and provide it as a vmware image (seed it as a torrent).
Pardon my ignorance (I'm a linux geek first, iRex hacker/porter second ), but if you're going to develop for the DR1000, shouldn't you already have a firm understanding of Linux in order to be successful?

Maybe it's because I'm not a programmer, but I just assumed that programmers need to understand the environment they're working in, in order to develop the applications.

It's mostly because of my "if you can't setup the dev package, you won't be successful at developing" theory that I haven't been in a rush to make a similar tutorial or vmware image. Maybe my assumptions are incorrect.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote