View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 02:26 AM   #20
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchAdam View Post
I'm intrigued by the convertibles but haven't found the perfect one yet.

I've got a decent laptop already -- what I really want is basically the equivalent of a netbook -- something portable and mainly good for writing and web browsing on the go. Since I'm a writer and I want to use Scrivener and Final Draft, it has to be a Windows 8, not RT. But I don't want to spend laptop-replacement prices.

Surface Pro looks great but $900 not including the keyboard is a lot. Surface RT is not an option since I can't install Scrivener or Final Draft.
I read about one that would fit your bill on engadget.com a few days ago, but can't remember the brand for the life of me. I think it was around $600 - you may want to check their articles from this week.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote