View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 07:59 PM   #4
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by rAzR View Post
Yea, I thought about both those options. I'm a mac, so without purchasing Adobe Acrobat there's no easy way to convert PDF to HTML. I've saved as a text file using Reader, but I now need to go through and copy images across, and also delete page headers/chapter names etc etc.. which is going to take hours.

Are there any iPad apps that offer a book-like interface similar to iBooks? I guess as long as I can swipe across or tap to turn the page I can deal with that instead of spending hours trying to convert books I'm probably only likely to read once.. just seems a shame not to be able to get the eye-candy that kind of puts the iPad ahead of the competition (for me, anyway, even though its primary use won't just be as an eBook reader)..
Have you tried Stanza? It even lets you drag PDFs directly to the sharing area in iTunes.

Last edited by kjk; 06-05-2010 at 08:02 PM.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote