View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 09:34 AM   #7
asciiforever
asciiforever began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Yeah, but the ARM processor makes this a wait and see. I don't even know what Linux distros still support ARM.
You make it sound like ARM support in Linux is something that is fading away, which is precisely the opposite of what is happening. ARM systems are gaining popularity, and so operating systems are picking up support. Debian has supported it for a while. Ubuntu added it for 9.04.

And mobelby, it is semi-vaporware in that it hasn't been released yet, but they seem to be on schedule. I submitted a preorder for a Touch Book shortly after they were announced, and I got an email on 5/11 stating the following:

Quote:
Thank you very much for preordering the Touch Book. We are both pleased and flattered by the enthusiastic response we have gotten from customers since unveiling the product.

We just wanted to let you know what we've been up to since we announced the Touch Book back in March. Development has been progressing very nicely. We're still on track to start shipping early this summer as we originally announced.

Next month, we will post the full, finalized specifications on our website, and let you know precisely when your Touch Book will ship and when your credit card will be charged. We'll also post a few videos of the Touch Book and Touch Book OS so you can see them in action. You will be notified by email when this happens.

If you have any questions or need to make any changes to your preorder, please don't hesitate to contact us:
http://www.alwaysinnovating.com/company/contact.htm

We appreciate your order,
The Always Innovating Team
asciiforever is offline   Reply With Quote