View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 12:44 PM   #23
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post

Which kind of eco bulbs are you talking about? The old style CFL are not easily disposed of, but that was yesterday. Current eco bulbs (the led kind) are not dangerous and most can even be recycled.
I think I'm refering to the CFL type, the ones which contain lots of mercury. Led lighting gives a very harsh light. I prefer the old style bulbs, I think they were called incandescent.
(However, I hate the light-fittings in this house and must get an electrician in to change them - they are stupid chandelier things which shine the light at the ceiling, not the room!)

Presumably, if there were lots of regs re the home plugs this would be plastered all over the literature which comes with it. As I said above, it's a long time since I needed to buy them as mine have been working fine for ages, but I don't remember any regs being mentioned. Nor were they mentioned by the cable company engineer who replaced my modem/router a couple of years ago. He could see I was using them, if not, I explicitly told him when asking him to switch off the wifi on the router/modem.

If home plugs were policed in Britain, we'd know about it.

It's a bit like having a policeman come to your house while you're smoking a joint and not saying anything about this. Doesn't happen. You'd be marched down the local nick.

Last edited by BookCat; 12-15-2018 at 12:46 PM.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote