View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 12:28 PM   #17
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Just out of interest, how does your computer connect to what you are calling 'broadband'? (Wifi is just another way of transmitting broadband.)

I mean, when your wifi signal is switched off, how do you connect your computer to the internet?

I use something which in the UK are called 'home plugs' but I believe that in the US they're called 'powerlines'. They are large plugs which go into electrical power sockets. You put one beside your router/modem and connect the two with the ethernet cable; and you put another into a power socket beside your computer, with one end of an ethernet cable plugged into the computer and the other end plugged into the home plug. You can, I believe, set up a home network this way, but I just use them for a single computer wherever I happen to be sitting at the time.

This is a version of them (mine are much older):
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01BD9TF...123&th=1&psc=1

Just curious about how you connect to the internet if you're not using wifi?

Last edited by BookCat; 12-14-2018 at 12:32 PM.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote