View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 06:31 PM   #14
Alpha o
Addict
Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Darwin, inkBOOK Obsidian
I don't know which EU merchant entity spies - the books in the inkBOOK store are in Polish, Lord knows what the browser is even though the system is Android, the appstore is Mediapolis - no Google. I usually keep the wifi off. You can get Dropbox.

It seems that inkBOOK has stuck with Android 4.2 - 4.4.

I've had phones which allow you to root them without killing the warranty. You can put an OS on without Google. I also had a Chinese tablet that didn't use Google.

From what I could read online - Pocketbook also doesn't use Google. I agree about W7. I

I usually convert Amazon books, but I had to dig out an old Kindle for Mission (Galileo) to Jupiter. The book was published by Springer and it was in some weird PDF DRM conversion. Since I can't convert it and the old Kindle isn't lit, I bought a used paperwhite and will just keep the junk on there and the wifi off.
Alpha o is offline   Reply With Quote