View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 03:00 AM   #43
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
There is little doubt in my mind that this Kindle has the poorest battery life of any e-ink Kindle I have had - while being in every other respect the very best e-ink Kindle I have ever had.

I am getting about 3 days battery life, and that is with WiFi turned off (if I need to turn it on to download a book I turn it off again straight away), light setting on 11-13 depending on the ambient conditions and, while I read a lot, I'm not reading any more than I was with previous Kindles. I charged it fully overnight on Thursday. It took ages to go down to 99% which looked very good. By the end of Friday it was down to 73%, by the end of Saturday down to 35%. During Saturday I had the WiFi on for perhaps 3-4 minutes (at home next to my router with a stable connection).

I've decided the best thing is to stop obsessing about the battery so I've switched off the % indicator by going back to regular size for menu fonts. The device is, after all, for reading and, as I say, in every other respect this is the best Kindle I have ever used.
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote