View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 07:23 PM   #87
grumbles
Addict
grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel (Black), T-2 and 3, Nexus 7
I thought I would stroll through this forum before I started to post my Markham books.

In regard to publishers claiming copyright of text that is in the public Domain, I came across this notice in an Evelyn Waugh ebook I took out from the library:

All rights reserved.
This title is in the public domain in Canada and is not subject to any license or copyright.

This is Penguin Random House Canada publication.

I've been looking at work of Wilfred Owen. His poems are clearly in the public domain now but the notes and essays in the books of his work are all under copyright. Siegried Sassoon who died in 1967 will enter public domain in Canada next year but will be inaccessible to MR until 2038.

I see that the contents of the first, short book of poems has been posted. I have the later Collected Poems and the structure of some of the poems in the first book was changed for the Collected version. The Collected Poems is available from the Indian Digital collection (but two pages are missing). I'll thin about it but the notes really do add to the value of the collection.
grumbles is offline   Reply With Quote