View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 11:57 AM   #5
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
@soulfuldog.

Sorry, do not have the equipment to do decent photos.

Of course, there are many mixed reports on the lighting quality of the Kindles, suggesting significant variation in user tolerances, or Kindle quality control issues. For all I know, Tolinos may also have inconsistency issues too - I only have a sample of 1.

It has been a while since I had a Kindle so I cannot offer a direct comparison, but I was perfectly happy with the lighting on my Kobos, (although, in comparison with the H2O and Tolino my Glo does have some noticeable "coning") so I may just be a very tolerant user. I certainly wouldn't choose the Tolino over a Kobo simply because of the lighting. In fact, had I not grown tired of database glitches with side-loading to my Kobos, I would not have looked beyond Kobo.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote