View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 11:26 AM   #33
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Another C64 user here. Loved that computer. We had 3 or 4 of them in the house and it was that machine that started me on the path to computer programming. I started teaching myself Pascal and C along with the BASIC that came with the OS.
I miss my C64. Even wrote my own version of Tetris on it in BASIC. Ran quite well, actually - but I found out that I had made it a little too large and had overwritten the memory addresses needed for saving to cassette (my 1541 disc drive had sorta, well, blown up :P).

I miss my Amiga 500 even more, though... Had to give up on it, though, after I somehow managed to make it impossible to boot from the hard drive carriage and found that my Workbench discs (both 2.1 and 1.3) had succumbed to bit rot.

EDIT: And, man, I miss the days of BBSes. Modern forums just don't have the same sense of community...

Last edited by JD Gumby; 12-10-2012 at 11:28 AM.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote