View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 11:37 AM   #771
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike76 View Post
I'm continuing my "risky" debricking. I've dumped /dev/mmcblk0p1 from a K4S updated to 4.1.0 fw, and replaced the K4B's /dev/mmcblk0p1 with this image. I was surprised it works but it does - in spite of that the kernel remains the 4.0.0 one left from my first hasty (and ballsy ) debrick. Now I have K4 SO with 4.1.0 fw and it's able to connect to my Amazon account. However, this 4.1.0 fw is not the same as the original K4B one - it has noticeably lesser contrast and worse font rendering.
The K4B ships with new bolder fonts, and perhaps an improved eink update algorithm. Perhaps flashing a K4B firmware onto a K4S will also improve the eink contrast on the old K4 too.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote