View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 01:05 PM   #13
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Yes, and I think the page number you jump to is calculated in the same way.

I do not think it is the numer of bytes you have read but the number of bytes up to the current file position which is not the same for an HTML file.
Yes, almost. The progress bar is exactly that but the page number is skewed a bit in that the reader has knowledge of where you currently are in the book if you got there from reading from the beginning. It counts the pages as you go so where you are is accurate. It also remembers the boundaries back a few pages so you can backup and it will be accurate. At least that is the way the MobiPocket reader itself works. I can't say for third party implementations. Given the page starting location can be referenced exactly to a starting point in the file the jump can be calculated slightly more accurately that just distance from the beginning of the file. This is what provides a false sense to many people that it is accurate. You really have to test it out to know for sure. A few jumps from approximated to approximated locations will tell the tale.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote