View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 12:09 PM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook*, nexus 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I'm thinking of getting a Nook Touch. I like the formatting options, but there aren't enough for my tastes.

I was reading the Nook's User Guide, and it says the following:

I use calibre now with my 505, and I'm able to get the layout the way I like it using LRF (line spacing, paragraph spacing, sans serif, font size, no margins).

If I use Calibre to produce an Epub to get a layout I like, will the Nook touch honor the layout?

Thanks.
As you indicate in your post, the nook str has an option to use whatever is defined on the ePub itself, or you can override if you prefer. one thing that i noticed though, if the ePub has embedded fonts and the css specifies those fonts and a size, the nook str will not let you change font type or size. i saw that on one book, so the sample pool is small, others may be able to confirm. but bottom line is, if you format the book yourself, the nook str will honor that formatting.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote