View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 07:03 AM   #9
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
arg, every time i see this device i start to drool. if it gets even close to the previews and is not too outrageously priced i would buy one in a heartbeat. although there is definitely something to be said for letting them work out the bugs in the first version and waiting for the helvetica.
down Zelda...DOWN...nooooo...nooooooo....wait.......n ow easy there....and stop that darn drooling, you are making a mess!! You need to play hard to get if you want to get what your want out of MS...here, use my hanky and wipe your chin...

I have to admit that could be one of those game changers design wise...but as they say "...the cuffs need to match the collar..." because while that design looks super, and to me it has me thinking it's time for a new laptop type PC, but the UI & OS really have to work with any app you throw at it and I have a couple apps that I have to use for business. We've see many a failed device by MS over the years which looked interesting out of the gate only to flame out in short order. I agree we need to hold back and wait for that Helvetica edition. still if they have gotten HP on board, I have a better feeling about things...

Speaking of Helvetica, has anyone ever watched the movie/documentary of the same name? I was surprised in it was actually very interesting to learn of the history as well as some insight into the science of designing a typeface/font. Lots of politics as well. I bet many never even heard of the movie, I only found it after watching a documentary about crossword puzzles and Wil Shorts., which if you like words and crossword puzzles is also very engrossing for what it is, a look not only at the world of competitive crossword puzzle play but at the twisted demonic creature that is Wil Shorts of the NYT...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote