View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 12:41 PM   #1
SandyBrooks
SandyBrooks began at the beginning.

Device: Sony pocket
Kobo, sony pocket 300 or sony 505 or others?

Help me choose one please. I've played around with the sony 300 and 600 in Target. I didn't like the screen on the 600 (glare) so I ruled that one out. The 300 has a nice screen, but 5 inches seems a bit small to me. Maybe it would be fine, I don't think I'll really know until I've read a few books on it. So, the Kobo seems like a good fit for me as it has a 6 inch screen and is much cheaper than the other 6 inch readers. Of course it is not available to me in US yet. My other thought was to buy a used sony 505 which also plays mp3 files, which would be great for listening to audio books too. I don't really know how sturdy these devices are though so maybe buying used isn't a good idea? I just watched one sell for $175 on ebay, so its in the same general price range as the other devices.

Other option would be to spend more and get a nook. I am generally trying to keep the cost low 'cause I don't know how much I will use an ereader, and I think that the technology is rapidly changing so I'd likely upgrade in a few years. Advice anyone?
SandyBrooks is offline   Reply With Quote