View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #365
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Well, Windows only has a few versions (Home, Business, Ultimate I think), and yet it has a larger percentage of the desktop market than Android has on the smartphone market. So I don't think you can correlate multiple choice with massive market share. Likewise, Linux has a plethora of distributions, yet its market share is minuscule.
Oh rubbish, of course you can. Windows is licenced, sold whatever to any PC maker/company that wants it. Its been sold for years (who else remembers the abomination that was Windows 1?) again, hundreds of different options. Its time you got off the "hate Apple" high horse (because thats what you are really on about) and looked at whats really going on.

Linux is always going to be behind the 8ball because it isnt licenced, so its not marketed to any particular group. Watch things change if one or more of the large companies (eg Dell, HP) start actively marketing Linux as a viable alternative to Windows.

In any case, comparing the desktop market to the smartphone market is just a furphy, and distracting from the original argument which is that android is eating apple's lunch. And I am saying that is not a bit surprising, considering the sheer numbers of phones out there with android on them. Drawing comparisons with desktop market is just fluff and froth. no substance.