View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
[How-To] A Poor Man’s Wispersync

Hi All
Here is the tutorial, I previously mention, that was in the works. Now that it is complete I present it to you. The gist of the tutorial is on how to replicate the Whispersync features on Android devices.

Instead of making it a dry tutorial I added a little bit of history/thought process on how I came up with the solution. If that doesn't work for you just jump to the "HOW TO CONFIGURE:" section at the bottom of the tutorial and get the skinny.

Quote:
Arguably one of the Kindle’s most loved feature is the Whispersync technology. Whispersync, for those not familiar with the technology, is the ability to synchronize ones Kindle books across all kindle devices, be it an eReader, Tablet, iPad, Smartphone, PC, etc… This is all done on the application layer so the user need not lift a finger to get this great feature. However this technology is not without its limitations. One major limitation is that Whispersync does not work for personal eBooks it only works for eBooks purchased from Amazon. (more...)

Last edited by =X=; 08-15-2012 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Updated intro
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote