View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 09:59 AM   #8
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
The immaturity of Android is one reason I'm waiting to see a tablet from Amazon. I at least have some hope that they'll do things right. The iPad2 gets many things right, but I just refuse to get chained into Apple's system.
That's the problem... Amazon will "get it right" in as much as the underlying Android OS "is right". Google stumbled when they released Honeycomb which by their own admission wasn't quite ready for primetime. The lack of a tablet-optimized version of Android has caused tablet makers to shoehorn and cobble together (primarily 2.1 and 2.2) non-tablet Android versions. The result, a less than polished offering.

I don't think that there will be an Android tablet on par with the iPad2 until Ice Cream Sandwich is released and optimized for a particular tablet.

I own an Android smartphone, an Android tablet (rooted nook color), as well as an iPod Touch and iPad 2. I do not feel "chained into Apple's system".

Virtually all of the most useful apps that I use are available for both ecosystems, and often free. And if the apps are different, they are able to share the data.

I think that sentiment of being chained is rooted more in emotion than it reality.

I agree with tubemonkey's sentiments regarding an Android tablet. The Nook Color, IMO, is the best Android tablet for the money. In some respects and for some purposes, it's better than an iPad.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote