View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 10:35 PM   #10
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
I'll be relying on you folks for having made great picks .

I do not follow nor pay much attention to any of the prizes for books so was not really qualified to make any nominations. Pretty much all I know is that of the two Bookers awarded to my own countrymen the first was rubbish (in my own opinion and that of many) and was a one book wonder as the author never wrote another book.

The second, I can best quote a book reviewer (so open in his response he must be honest) when asked if he would be reviewing it the response was that he would not be reading it any time soon - I bought a copy to see for myself, was never able to get into it (it is also starting to look like a one book wonder as nothing else from the author has appeared in the 6 years since - at least not prolific).

So looking forward to a surprise in among the nominations of also rans .
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote