View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 02:06 PM   #41
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I used Calibre's editor. I first removed unused CSS classes. Then I went into the CSS and removed all the stuff that was for fixed layout. I then removed unused CSS classes. And in the main text, I searched for position: and using Diaps Editing Toolbag, I left the span with just the class and removed the rest of the spans. I also removed any span that did not have a class. I also search/replaced the body into just a paian <body>. The override style that was just for italics, I changed from a span to an <i> and then I changed all the multiple </i><i> so the italics are just one <i>some text</i> I also did errors checks here and there to see what else needs fixing. The only thing wrong now is the NAV. But that's no big deal.
When playing with the file, I changed most of the "Chapter-Title" items to a hx tag instead of a p tag which made it trivial to recreate the Nav and toc.ncx documents. At least, it was in Sigil. I found deleting the style="position bla...bla" items cleaned the absolute positioning. I also dumped the style="width bla...bla" settings. Looking at the CharOveride-xx bits, I replaced some of them with the appropriate bold, italic, smallcaps, uppercase, etc. bits and bobs while sending the rest to /dev/nul. I ended up doing 2 passes at the conversion and while the final result did not use the fonts from the original file since, IMHO, they were not well suited to an eInk screen, the result was at least readable.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote