Thread: PDF TOC envy
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 10:42 AM   #2
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xabache View Post
This pdf was created with ms office 2010 [see attached], i dont have ms office 2010. I like the TOC, specifically the not blue hyperlinks, these are all black. How could i create something similar using open office writer. anything not blue would be ideal, hyper link blue is
I use StarOffice (the commercial version of OpenOffice.org) to make a table of contents (TOC) similar to the one listed in your example in my long ebooks. I haven't worried about hyperlinks in the TOC, I just go the the table of contents, look up the page number for the item I want, and jump to that page number.

As far as making a TOC in OpenOffice Writer, the key is to first mark the items you want to appear in the TOC with a style (usually a paragraph style). As an example, with chapter headings I create a paragraph style called "Chapter Heading". Then, I mark each chapter heading with that style.

After I've marked the text that I want to appear in the TOC with the appropriate style, I insert a TOC into my ebook, usually at the beginning. The text marked with those style(s) will appear on the TOC, and it is possible to have 10 levels within the TOC.

I hope this helps.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote