View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #54
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Is there a way to, say, switch between off (0) to on (10), instead of current settings?

I'll never going to use above light setting 10, so is it possible to just darken the overall light settings?

Even at 1 it's still light enough for me (like not too bright, but still I wished I had one more darker setting for reading in the pitch black).
No you can't get any lower light (other than off). This is how the lightlevels of the light slider on screen correspond to the level of the actual device:

Code:
level 0 - device 1        level 10 - device  13       level 20 - device 147  
level 1 - device 2        level 11 - device  19       level 21 - device 170 
level 2 - device 3        level 12 - device  26       level 22 - device 196 
level 3 - device 4        level 13 - device  36       level 23 - device 224 
level 4 - device 5        level 14 - device  47       level 24 - device 254 
level 5 - device 6        level 15 - device  60         
level 6 - device 7        level 16 - device  75 
level 7 - device 8        level 17 - device  90 
level 8 - device 9        level 18 - device 107 
level 9 - device 10       level 19 - device 126
As you can see up until level 10 it goes in small steps. No wonder Amazon does not list any battery life time for light higher set than 10 (if the numbers for the intensity are any indicator for powerusage). Plus as you can also see, it gets larger fast - theory of me is the logarithmic scale of light - to make a bright light visibly brighter takes a lot of juice.

I have also worked out a way to turn the light off. It already works on my PW - every time my PW wakes up and the light is set to the lowest level (no bar on screen) it turns the light completely off, but only once on wake up (no messing with the crontab file). If I go to the light setting and turn the light up, it will turn back on, even if the slider is set back to 0 - it will stay on the lowest light. To turn it off again it is necessary to put device back to sleep and wake it up. To make it even more convenient, there is a file that needs to be put on the usb partition to enable the turning off of the light. So it can simply be renamed or deleted if the automatic turning off is not desired. Put it back and it turns back off next time you wake the PW up.

Now I only have to pack it into an update_*_install.bin so that it can be used even on PW's that don't have USB Network installed.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote