View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 09:38 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by apestate View Post
Wow. Earl is precisely what I have wished for a long time now. Thanks for that link! Incredible.

I'm not interested in fancy apps so much, but simply keyboard text entry and display of text books for entertainment. That's all I really need on this trip.

Is it possible to take a kindle, nook simple, or any other common e-ink reader and attach an external keyboard? ( I have seen some instructions online, wondering if any of it actually WORKS ).

Also, what are the real climate limitations of a kindle or nook simple? I had a Nook Color that didn't like the cold, the screen input would scramble at around +40f. Battery life is also a huge issue, I don't want a solar panel, I'll be on the road and can charge things off AC.

Any ideas, examples, warnings?
You are standing/sitting, reading in a 40f environment?

Dropping near 40f puts a serious crimp in current battery charge (no damage, just charge loss). IMHO never leave your Laptop/reader in a location with wide temperature extremes (eg Vehicles) other than briefly.

Rapid changes of environment after Cold/heat soaking is an enemy of electronics.

I keep my e-ink reader inside my jacket when transitioning via the outdoors from home to work on really cold days. (Who works on really HOT days )
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote