View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #33
Bookatarian
Zealot
Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I'm still reading, but think I've enjoyed the endnotes as much as the story itself so far.

I'm fascinated by Verne's vision and definitely liked reading a little of his own history in the preface of my edition, though the story is reading slower than I would've thought. I did not realize that it had originally been published as a serialization. I can imagine readers of the day looking forward with great excitement to the next instalment. Maybe I can employ that tactic, setting aside a bit to read each day, to get me to the end. It normally makes up my lunchtime reading...which of late is only about 15 minutes a day.

Great comments by all so far....leaving me with fresh perspective as I dive back in (pun intended).
Bookatarian is offline   Reply With Quote