View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 11:19 AM   #12
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Ankh - Thank you, that is an interesting point. I'm not a license lawyer, so I can't comment on the validity of the loophole. On the other hand, speaking as a simple minded programmer, I could be tempted to say something like "I used a published API, I never looked at the (published) sources behind the API, so how am I obligated by the terms of the source license? It's just a module hooked in." So, maybe if it was a clean room implementation...

On the gripping hand, I really hate buying and using secret hardware, even though sometimes I have to - like my car and (many of) my wifi devices.