View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 04:40 PM   #14
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Marquard View Post
1. No publisher who has invested in ebooks wants them to fail. Inability to understand that an ebook can be fundamentally different from a paper book is a better explanation.
I have to disagree.

The fact that eBooks are fundamentally different from pBooks is so blindingly obvious that only a complete and total moron would think of them as the same.

I think that we can assume that publishers are not morons.

Therefore, they must want eBooks to fail.

eBooks cost almost nothing to produce. They can sell them at a far lower cost and still make the same profit. I would argue that they would make a higher profit because they don't have to handle returns and they will never over "print" an eBook.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote