View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 03:48 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHWright View Post
Thinking of getting my feet wet on some ebook creation. Figured I'd start with some editing. I have some non-DRM, public domain files I can play with.

So, how is the learning curve on Sigil?

I'm not a programmer. Some basic website/HTML experience, but mostly more familiar with desktop publishing and design, which is mostly WYSIWYG-type stuff. Pretty good with Adobe, MS Word, etc.

Is this going to be relatively straightforward or a real brain strain for a non-programmer type? (Gotta say, I never much got into adjusting CSS with my webs design. Dreamweaver was my friend.)

Thanks
The good news:
The number of CSS options is way down for EPUB.

The Bad News (?):
Any value change: Tag, you are it
The Good News: Basic Ebooks probably involve less than 15 parameters.

Find some books (here at MR or elswhere) that you like how they look.
Look at the code, then the stylesheet. Right-click on the class= (or tag): 'Go to link or style'
and give it a gander
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote