View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 11:08 AM   #453
mumbletop
mumbletop began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Pixel 5
Two weeks on and I'm delighted with the Kobo Glo. It really is small, light and nice to hold, and fits in my jacket or coat pocket which means I can carry it and read it everywhere. It's certainly more practical than a hardback or a tablet. I'm surprised by just how readable it is, and the light means it stays readable even in poor ambient light.

A few niggles. It has locked up on me twice, both times when I was trying to make a lot of changes quickly while showing my reader to other people. Also, I can't change the line spacing on at least one book I've bought from Kobo. And the battery does drop a little if I'm syncing over WiFi - not really a problem since WiFi is best left off most of the time.

The bookstore isn't great - difficult to browse, the search is overly fussy about spelling, the implementation of the wishlist is inconsistent across web, desktop and the device, and obviously Kobo can't compete with Amazon's depth of reviews. Then again, if you know what you want to buy it's easy enough to use.

But anyway: for actually reading, the Kobo Glo is very good.
mumbletop is offline   Reply With Quote