View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 02:30 PM   #67
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O
@Brynwall:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
FAQs:

Q. Halp! Everything is broken, and my device shows me weird popups when I try to launch a Kindlet!

A. You either fell victim to a silent OTA update, or you unregistered your device since the last time you tried to launch a Kindlet.
The fix is simple: reinstall MKK.
(In the case of an OTA update on a K5 device, the damage might be greater, see the JB FAQ).
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
FAQs:

Q. My hacks suddenly failed to work properly, how come? (aka. What happens if I get an OTA update?)

A. Since FW 5.3.x, official updates (OTA or not, actually) are complete updates, overwriting the complete main system. This has the side effect of breaking a lot of custom hacks. For instance, you'll have to reinstall MKK for sure, along with most full hacks that touch the system, whereas simple KUAL extensions should survive the process .
On a sidenote, FW updates are usually a game of cat and mouse, so do make sure you check the forums to see if the hacks you care about will actually *work* on a new FW version before updating .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-06-2014 at 02:33 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote