View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 10:09 PM   #7
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
I'm getting better battery life (though not great, thanks to recent firmwares that generate the covers of sideloads every single time they're needed instead of just storing a copy of the image) than when I was powering off every night.
This only happens with books stored on an external micro SD card, covers for books stored on the internal card are only generated once and then saved for next time. That is the main reason I've stopped using an external card and upgraded the internal card instead. I hope they change it in the future so books are treated consistently whichever card they reside on.

On topic, I probably don't leave my Glo long enough to be much help, but I have never noticed any battery drain while in sleep mode. Even when I had a faulty micro SD card that was draining the battery very quickly while reading, the problem didn't ocur in sleep mode. I don't think I'd bother turning the Glo off unless I was not going to use it for a few days or more.

Last edited by GeoffR; 02-08-2013 at 10:10 PM. Reason: fix quoting
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote