View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #37
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwig View Post
+1

If a "rip-off" ebook looks like a bad OCR from page scans it is almost certainly from a source other than Project Gutenberg. While I don't always like the PG formatting, I've never had issues with the quality of the conversion, even back in their ancient TXT epoch.
The ones I've suffered thru were both, with the gutenberg notice embedded in the ripped off copy.

No doubt their quality on some titles has gone up in recent years, but there is also a lot of dreck in the catalog (where it will remain unless rescanned and properly proofed).

the same is true of some other scanning projects, of course.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote