View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 06:40 PM   #8
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
The one thing that I see lacking in the poll option is being able to have a first, second, and third choice. So you can say ------- would be your first choice but if nobody else votes for that your vote would be carried over to you second choice.

So you could still vote for the book that you really want to read even though it's not doing so great in the current votes. I think that would mean less wasted votes.
Yes, such a proportional system would be very good. Say after the initial vote take the top to in the running (A & B) and then to each total add those who selected neither of those two, but selected A or B as 2nd choice. Unlike what some claim here a straight hidden poll does not necessarily select the book most people want. With ten books to select from a plurality of voters can select a book that would not have been the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, . . choice of a majority of voters. The problem is that I do not believe this can be done with the current polling software?

So this does not mean I voted for the "other" option. I figure like King Solomon split the baby in two and make everyone at least partly happy.

Last edited by Hamlet53; 11-21-2011 at 06:43 PM.