View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 04:02 PM   #14
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by garthoid View Post
Finally was able to talk with customer support(despite the fact they disconnected me twice). Eventually talked with someone who knew his stuff. Removed the device.xml file in the adobe digital editions directory and performed a factory reset(which removes all settings).

Once I re-entered the wifi details, and my ADE account, I was able to download and actually read purchased books.

Dear garthoid:

I have just a general question for you regarding your Pandigital ebook reader. Mine is not a canadian version, but I just thought this would be a general question you can help me with.

When I hook up my new Pandigital 7" to computer & ADE, it asks if I want to install some kind of andriod program on the computer. The users manual on the Pandigital says to skip this step. When I do what the user manual says, and cancel the install it says the device won't work properly. Did you install the andriod program on your computer?

Any thoughts for me? This seems like a nice device for reading PDF content - my Sony is sooooo hard to deal with when reading PDF. The couple of PDF files I've loaded on the Pandigital look good and I can read with no problem (I hate reading PDF files on the computer, and prefer to print out or go the ereader route).

Thanks!

bookratt

bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote