View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 11:20 PM   #9
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealWinter View Post
Anyone know of international libraries that lend out ebooks free(or small one time fee) over the internet?
Check the MR Wiki entry for eBook Lending Libraries.

A couple of them will let non-residents borrow for a modest annual fee, though I don't know if they define allowable non-residents as living on the same continent or not. In any case, it can't hurt to email and ask.

I've heard that the Philadelphia library accepts international money orders for the payment; I think I saw a thread here on MR about it a couple of weeks back.

Also check Overdrive's own Search for a Library function. They've got a bunch of listings for Australia, and if you happen to live in one of the areas covered, you may be in luck.

Selection on the one I tried looking up in New South Wales was kind of low (74 fiction, 268 non), but you have to start somewhere and hopefully people checking the ebooks out will encourage them to add to the collection.

Last edited by ATDrake; 07-13-2010 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Add Overdrive library search.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote